Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Point of Sale introduces a number of enhancements to create a modern shopping experience for your customers. In this writer's opinion, the introduction of Modern POS (MPOS) was one of the most significant enhancements for the AX 2012 Retail solution. Sales staff can process sales transactions, customer orders, and perform daily operations and inventory management with mobile devices (PCs, Windows 8 tablets and phones) from anywhere in the store, as well as on a PC-based register.
MPOS on a Tablet
CU8 brings these enhancements to MPOS functionality:
- Shared shifts can be used in Microsoft Dynamics AX Retail and Modern POS
- Role-based screen layouts can be created for Modern POS on Windows phones
- Filters can be applied to product searches on any Modern point-of-sale device
- Columns can be resized on the Modern POS transaction screen
- Product searches by product category or from within a retail product catalog can be made on any Modern point-of-sale device
- Side-by-side product details comparison and an enhanced product details view can be made on any Modern point-of-sale device
These are just a few of the myriad enhancements made recently to Dynamics AX 2012 Retail Point of Sale. If you need point of sale and are contemplating an AX upgrade or a new AX implementation, AX 2012 R3 CU8 provides a compelling case for doing so sooner rather than later.